Runboard.com
You're welcome.





runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
Geezesss Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 358
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


So are current "pro-life" laws that take away a woman' right to abort before she might be sure that she is pregnant evilly wrong ?
8/25/2019, 7:02 pm Link to this post PM Geezesss Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Geezesss wrote:

So are current "pro-life" laws that take away a woman' right to abort before she might be sure that she is pregnant evilly wrong ?



If those "pro-life" laws don't follow the guidelines in Roe v Wade the answer is yes. All state laws regarding abortion should be in accord with Roe v Wade.

Roe v Wade was a pro-life ruling despite not being thought of that way. It didn't legalize abortion at any time during the pregnancy.
8/25/2019, 7:22 pm Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
Geezesss Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 358
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


Huh ?
Strain that word soup.
Where's the meat ?
8/25/2019, 10:28 pm Link to this post PM Geezesss Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Geezesss wrote:

Huh ?
Strain that word soup.
Where's the meat ?



Sorry about that ambiguity. Instead of saying that Roe v Wade didn't legalize abortion at any time during a pregnancy I should have said that it provided a limited time frame for when abortions could be obtained without the state interceding.

The part about Roe v Wade being a pro-life ruling is accurate.
8/26/2019, 2:53 am Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
Geezesss Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 358
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


In defining the movement for more big government interference to control women please comment on this;

U.S. abortion rights groups fight new Missouri law in court

Opponents of a new law in Missouri restricting most abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy will ask a federal judge on Monday to stop the law from taking effect this week.

The new law, signed by Republican Governor Mike Parson in May and set to take effect on Wednesday, allows for an abortion after the eighth week only in the case of medical emergencies and does not exempt victims of rape or incest.

The law is one of the most restrictive in the United States and activists say it effectively forbids most abortions since many women do not know they are pregnant yet at eight weeks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-abortion-missouri/u-s-abortion-rights-groups-fight-new-missouri-law-in-court-idUSKCN1VG0EJ

Do any men here need the details of how and why "many women do not know they are pregnant yet at eight weeks." ?
8/26/2019, 8:08 pm Link to this post PM Geezesss Blog
 
katie5445 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Administrator

Registered: 10-2016
Posts: 6300
Karma: 31 (+46/-15)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


The law has less to do with abortion and more about privacy rights, that's why there were other SC decisions used that had nothing to do with abortion but privacy. Of course men need to know, how else to you make an educated opinion since it is obvious, men's opinions count and for some more than womens. Do women know at 8 wks, more now than before because we have the option by tests to find out quite early, a week I think. Young girls, denial is a factor, irregular periods are a factor and fear.
8/27/2019, 1:09 am Link to this post PM katie5445 Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Geezesss wrote:

In defining the movement for more big government interference to control women please comment on this;

U.S. abortion rights groups fight new Missouri law in court

Opponents of a new law in Missouri restricting most abortions after eight weeks of pregnancy will ask a federal judge on Monday to stop the law from taking effect this week.

The new law, signed by Republican Governor Mike Parson in May and set to take effect on Wednesday, allows for an abortion after the eighth week only in the case of medical emergencies and does not exempt victims of rape or incest.

The law is one of the most restrictive in the United States and activists say it effectively forbids most abortions since many women do not know they are pregnant yet at eight weeks.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-abortion-missouri/u-s-abortion-rights-groups-fight-new-missouri-law-in-court-idUSKCN1VG0EJ

Do any men here need the details of how and why "many women do not know they are pregnant yet at eight weeks." ?



A federal judge has put a stop to that law being enforced until an appeal takes place. It should be ruled unconstitutional.

Missouri has a really bad state legislature in Jeff City right now but it also has a long history of bad state government. It's a red state with pockets of liberalism in three places, St. Louis, Kansas City and Columbia, where the main campus of the University of Missouri is located.

Last edited by Philer, 8/28/2019, 11:24 pm
8/28/2019, 2:17 am Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
Geezesss Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 358
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


" A federal judge has put a stop to that ("pro-life" ) law being enforced until an appeal takes place. It should be ruled unconstitutional."

So being "pro-life" includes not supporting/respecting/abiding by the US Constitution, right ?
9/7/2019, 7:53 pm Link to this post PM Geezesss Blog
 
mais oui Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 11-2016
Posts: 4828
Karma: 17 (+23/-6)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


Missouri is a death penalty state so its interest in preserving life doesn't extend beyond the uterus!

In Missouri 6.5 children per 1000 die before their first birthday ranked 33 out of 50

Missouri has 9.8 murders per 100 000 ranked 49 out of 50

so I can see that it really cares about preserving life

---
HAPPINESS, THE IGNOBLE LIFE GOAL OF THE ILLITERATE
9/7/2019, 8:10 pm Link to this post PM mais oui Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Geezesss wrote:

" A federal judge has put a stop to that ("pro-life" ) law being enforced until an appeal takes place. It should be ruled unconstitutional."

So being "pro-life" includes not supporting/respecting/abiding by the US Constitution, right ?



The "pro-lifers" would disagree about Roe v Wade being a constitutional ruling but they certainly don't respect that Supreme Court decision. Of course the ruling itself was very pro-life. It didn't discount the rights of the unborn nor those of women. It was a compromise ruling which respected both.
9/7/2019, 11:33 pm Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 


Add a reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)