Runboard.com
You're welcome.





runboard.com       Sign up (learn about it) | Sign in (lost password?)

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 

 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Geezesss wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

mais oui wrote:



More women die giving birth than having abortions - assuming that both are in properly equipped hospitals

there are in the US about 23.8 deaths per 100,000 births among women giving birth (a shameful figure that few are willing to address)

I cant get a recent death rate for legally induced abortion in the US but elsewhere its about 1.5 per 100 000



Good points. You've pointed out why nobody should be anti-choice. To truly be pro-life you have to be pro-choice.



So being "pro-life" is at best just a hypocritical political position ?



What the mass media means by that term is a hypocritical or at least inconsistent political position. You have to support the right to life of more than just the unborn to be truly pro-life.
9/10/2019, 6:38 am Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

katie5445 wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

katie5445 wrote:

Carry to full term of a healthy baby that was viable or one that was not? As a delivery room nurse for 5 yrs, I don't think you get many takers on offing a full term healthy baby. There are babies delivered from dying and dead moms. I remember the Scott/Lacy Peterson case in CA., a charge against him was 2 murders, the baby was viable and no longer needed the mother to live.



Scott was charged with two murders because two humans had been killed.

The unborn have a right to life even before viability. That is something that the left should acknowledge.



The SC decision says otherwise. Two people here would not call me pro choice because I don't give a blanket all is on or all is off. You are not taking away choice as for 20 weeks you can decide what you want to do and I'm speaking of healthy fetuses. There is the morning after pill, you don't even need an Rx. Get a stick from the pharmacy, it tells you within a week and hopefully one is aware when they have unprotected sex....on the other hand, there is no reason allow persons more time unless it is a medical decision. A healthy baby delivered is not called an abortion either, you go through labour and delivery. Up to 3 months gestation it is a D&C, 4-5 months, it is a D&E I am sure most of you are familiar with newborns, anyone one up for destroying as you are looking at it, hearing it, what is now a healthy baby cause someone took 6- 7-9 months to make a decision? Raise your hands.



Roe v Wade didn't mention a right to life of the unborn before viability or even after but it did rule that the state had a right to act to protect the unborn within the limits set in the ruling, which certainly implies a right to life of the unborn.
9/10/2019, 6:45 am Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
Geezesss Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 04-2019
Posts: 358
Karma: 0 (+0/-0)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

Geezesss wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

mais oui wrote:



More women die giving birth than having abortions - assuming that both are in properly equipped hospitals

there are in the US about 23.8 deaths per 100,000 births among women giving birth (a shameful figure that few are willing to address)

I cant get a recent death rate for legally induced abortion in the US but elsewhere its about 1.5 per 100 000



Good points. You've pointed out why nobody should be anti-choice. To truly be pro-life you have to be pro-choice.



So being "pro-life" is at best just a hypocritical political position ?



What the mass media means by that term is a hypocritical or at least inconsistent political position. You have to support the right to life of more than just the unborn to be truly pro-life.



What about when more big government control advocates call themselves "pro-life" ?
9/10/2019, 4:30 pm Link to this post PM Geezesss Blog
 
katie5445 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Administrator

Registered: 10-2016
Posts: 6301
Karma: 31 (+46/-15)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

katie5445 wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

katie5445 wrote:

Carry to full term of a healthy baby that was viable or one that was not? As a delivery room nurse for 5 yrs, I don't think you get many takers on offing a full term healthy baby. There are babies delivered from dying and dead moms. I remember the Scott/Lacy Peterson case in CA., a charge against him was 2 murders, the baby was viable and no longer needed the mother to live.



Scott was charged with two murders because two humans had been killed.

The unborn have a right to life even before viability. That is something that the left should acknowledge.



The SC decision says otherwise. Two people here would not call me pro choice because I don't give a blanket all is on or all is off. You are not taking away choice as for 20 weeks you can decide what you want to do and I'm speaking of healthy fetuses. There is the morning after pill, you don't even need an Rx. Get a stick from the pharmacy, it tells you within a week and hopefully one is aware when they have unprotected sex....on the other hand, there is no reason allow persons more time unless it is a medical decision. A healthy baby delivered is not called an abortion either, you go through labour and delivery. Up to 3 months gestation it is a D&C, 4-5 months, it is a D&E I am sure most of you are familiar with newborns, anyone one up for destroying as you are looking at it, hearing it, what is now a healthy baby cause someone took 6- 7-9 months to make a decision? Raise your hands.



Roe v Wade didn't mention a right to life of the unborn before viability or even after but it did rule that the state had a right to act to protect the unborn within the limits set in the ruling, which certainly implies a right to life of the unborn.



It sure did. "A person may choose to have an abortion until a fetus becomes viable based on the right to privacy contained in the Due Process Clause of the 14th amendment. "Viability means the ability to live outside the womb which usually happens 24-28 weeks after conception." 410 US 113 (1973) Not only do some want a reserve decision but there is a huge crowd to change the viability as I see banning abortions in this century fairly impossible. The viability will be easy to change. 70% of fetuses at 25 weeks are survivors, 90% at 26-27 weeks and 40% at 24 weeks. There is going to be your argument.
9/11/2019, 5:45 pm Link to this post PM katie5445 Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

Geezesss wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

Geezesss wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

mais oui wrote:



More women die giving birth than having abortions - assuming that both are in properly equipped hospitals

there are in the US about 23.8 deaths per 100,000 births among women giving birth (a shameful figure that few are willing to address)

I cant get a recent death rate for legally induced abortion in the US but elsewhere its about 1.5 per 100 000



Good points. You've pointed out why nobody should be anti-choice. To truly be pro-life you have to be pro-choice.



So being "pro-life" is at best just a hypocritical political position ?



What the mass media means by that term is a hypocritical or at least inconsistent political position. You have to support the right to life of more than just the unborn to be truly pro-life.



What about when more big government control advocates call themselves "pro-life" ?



The same thing is true.
9/12/2019, 9:25 pm Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

katie5445 wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

katie5445 wrote:

quote:

Philer wrote:

quote:

katie5445 wrote:

Carry to full term of a healthy baby that was viable or one that was not? As a delivery room nurse for 5 yrs, I don't think you get many takers on offing a full term healthy baby. There are babies delivered from dying and dead moms. I remember the Scott/Lacy Peterson case in CA., a charge against him was 2 murders, the baby was viable and no longer needed the mother to live.



Scott was charged with two murders because two humans had been killed.

The unborn have a right to life even before viability. That is something that the left should acknowledge.



The SC decision says otherwise. Two people here would not call me pro choice because I don't give a blanket all is on or all is off. You are not taking away choice as for 20 weeks you can decide what you want to do and I'm speaking of healthy fetuses. There is the morning after pill, you don't even need an Rx. Get a stick from the pharmacy, it tells you within a week and hopefully one is aware when they have unprotected sex....on the other hand, there is no reason allow persons more time unless it is a medical decision. A healthy baby delivered is not called an abortion either, you go through labour and delivery. Up to 3 months gestation it is a D&C, 4-5 months, it is a D&E I am sure most of you are familiar with newborns, anyone one up for destroying as you are looking at it, hearing it, what is now a healthy baby cause someone took 6- 7-9 months to make a decision? Raise your hands.



Roe v Wade didn't mention a right to life of the unborn before viability or even after but it did rule that the state had a right to act to protect the unborn within the limits set in the ruling, which certainly implies a right to life of the unborn.



It sure did. "A person may choose to have an abortion until a fetus becomes viable based on the right to privacy contained in the Due Process Clause of the 14th amendment. "Viability means the ability to live outside the womb which usually happens 24-28 weeks after conception." 410 US 113 (1973) Not only do some want a reserve decision but there is a huge crowd to change the viability as I see banning abortions in this century fairly impossible. The viability will be easy to change. 70% of fetuses at 25 weeks are survivors, 90% at 26-27 weeks and 40% at 24 weeks. There is going to be your argument.



As we've discussed, the right to privacy is not what Roe v Wade was based on. It's mentioned in Roe v Wade but not really the basis for the decision.

Viability is not as important as you seem to believe it is either. Roe v Wade was based on other considerations including changing levels of risk to the pregnant woman and the right of the state to intercede to protect the life of the unborn baby regardless of its viability.
9/12/2019, 9:30 pm Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
katie5445 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Administrator

Registered: 10-2016
Posts: 6301
Karma: 31 (+46/-15)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


According to those who made the final decision, it soley is based on the 14th amendment, viability is where the line was drawn. You are choosing to ignore the text.
9/13/2019, 5:19 pm Link to this post PM katie5445 Blog
 
Philer Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Registered user

Registered: 12-2016
Posts: 4467
Karma: 26 (+29/-3)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


quote:

katie5445 wrote:

According to those who made the final decision, it soley is based on the 14th amendment, viability is where the line was drawn. You are choosing to ignore the text.



I'm not ignoring any of the text. What I find most interesting about that legal decision and its aftermath is that one of the more important considerations mentioned in the decision has been largely ignored by the mass media and commenters who have been critical of it. It was a legal decision designed to protect the rights of women that was not fundamentally based on their right to privacy or the viability of the unborn baby. The 14th amendment naturally applies since women have the same rights that men have under the law.

10/10/2019, 4:42 pm Link to this post PM Philer Blog
 
katie5445 Profile
Live feed
Blog
Friends
Miscellaneous info

Administrator

Registered: 10-2016
Posts: 6301
Karma: 31 (+46/-15)
Reply | Quote
Re: What does being pro-life really mean?


Then you are misinterpreting the text or they lied, those which you think aren't, are.
10/11/2019, 2:28 am Link to this post PM katie5445 Blog
 


Add a reply

Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6 





You are not logged in (login)